Friday, September 01, 2006

Find a church or leave town?

Paul Martin over at kerux noemata has posted about finding a church where God is. Basically he says that if you aren't finding a church where God is present and Jesus is Lord then you should move somewhere that you can. Here's the comment I left on his site:

"I definitely can understand where you are coming from. My wife and I have despaired of finding a place where the gospel is preached and the members of the body are spiritually alive. My question though is how do you find a church where God is at work if the church is in another city (or state)? I have found that the opinions of people I know and trust on other matters are not terribly helpful when it comes to their own churches, so I think it would be hard to find a place that I was sure of without spending time there myself. I don't see how that's practical without quitting my job and going church-hunting full time. Which would work for about two weeks. "

If Paul responds, I'll post it here.

No comments: