Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Actual letters from actual viewers...

The company for whom I work runs a web portal geared toward the trucking industry (www.etrucker.com). The company owns several trucking magazines. From time to time this means we get e-mail from actual truck drivers. This has led to some pretty interesting e-mails. Here's one we got today (the names have been changed to protect the ignorant):

hey ... how is it going, my name's tom and i was wondering if you ever used funny photoes for your magazine.

recently me and my buddy JD was met up with a friend of mine harry, a trucker from dothan, alabama and his son jerry. harry and jerry smashed JD with pies in the face as a belated birthday gift LOL! JD got creamed. i was wondering if you would like to have the photoes we took of it for the magazine.

take it easy man,

tom

Well, my gut impulse was to tell the guy to grow up, but thankfully for the company, I don't receive or respond to these e-mails. How would you answer our foolish friend?

1 comment:

Monk said...

Nice site. I'll have to make it a regular stop. Thanks for the comment on Vita aba Alto -- correposndence has been a bit scarce lately (but then, I haven't been blogging much either...)
Monk