Monday, October 02, 2006

The second week begins

So I'm on my second week now of business traveling. This time I am in Atlanta again for a day or two, then on to Charlotte, NC for a couple of days. In Atlanta, I'm finally performing my 28-step procedure for the Oracle upgrade from 8.1.7.4 to 10.2.0.2. After many false starts, I eventually performed it successfully three times on the test and development environments, so I am hopeful that this will go smoothly in production. Chris, Doug and I are all up here at the co-lo to work on the upgrade. Chris is observing me, since he will eventually take over the Oracle support duties as DBA. Doug is here to test the mail and application after the upgrade is complete, and he's going on with me to Charlotte to install a server up there.

Anyway, I may or may not have time to blog since we're doing a lot of driving, but I'll try to keep you posted on how things are going. Pray for a safe and successful trip!

No comments: