Monday, November 06, 2006

My Favorite Albums - Number 2

Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti (1975)


Physical Graffiti, a double album that appeared in the middle of Zeppelin's career, is arguably their best (supporters of Led Zeppelin II and the untitled fourth album are excused). Featuring some of their longest and most sonically dense tracks, Graffiti features several of the best Zep songs of all time ("Kashmir", "Custard Pie", "Trampled Underfoot", "In the Light"), but several underrated numbers like "In My Time of Dying", "Ten Years Gone" and "Night Flight". One of the best-selling musical acts of all time, Led Zeppelin did it without singles (they released only two) or much radio airplay at the time. If you had never heard any other music by them, listening to this album would show you why.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's about time you posted something new! ;)

Thanks for helping me appreciate LZ more than I ever thought I would. One of my favorite aspects of this group is that the drummer is used for more than helping the rest of the band keep time.